Thursday 7 June 2012

Sugar & Spice nuts!

I love the combination of sweet, salty and spicy in anything edible.
I actually double the amount of salt in chocolate recipes and when nuts are required I use salted ones.
And what can we say about salted caramel, right?!!!

So I made some simple sugar and spice nuts......

Sugar - Spice Nuts

1 tbs butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbs corn syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups mixed nuts salted

Line a baking sheet with baking paper and butter it. Stir together the butter, sugar, corn syrup, spices and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the nuts and cook, stiring for a few minutes. Pour this mixture on the prepared baking sheet and spread it in one layer. Bake in a preheated oven (180o C) for 15 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
Remove from the oven and let it cool on the baking sheet for 45 minutes.
Then brake with your hands into rough pieces or (as I did) cut into bars with a pizza cutter.

Sorry I do not have any pictures of the process...



Incredible smells, incredible taste!!!

No comments: